When working in the adult social care sector, communicating is essential to develop your understanding of a service user’s needs, so you can provide them with the support they require.
If the information exchanged is inaccurate or misleading, mistakes can be made which can result in ineffective care and a negative view of the service. Professionals will form many different relationships in their work. Some will be formal and others more informal.
Whoever you are communicating with and whatever the method you use it is essential that you make sure your communication is appropriate and effective.
This course covers some of the different ways of communication, how to identify barriers to communication and how to reduce these, making sure the person you are communicating with understands what you are communicating, how to get help with communication issues and much more.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- Reasons People Communicate: Pass mark 70%
- Ways of Communicating: Pass mark 70%
- Identifying Communication Barriers: Pass mark 70%
- Reducing Communication Barriers: Pass mark 70%
- Checking Understanding : Pass mark 70%
- Getting Help With Communication Issues: Pass mark 70%
- Confidentiality: Pass mark 70%