Intelligence indicates that further terrorist attacks in our country are ‘highly likely’. Experience tells us that the threat comes not just from foreign nationals, but from terrorists born and bred in Britain.
It is therefore vital that our counter-terrorism strategy contains a plan to prevent radicalisation and stop would-be terrorists from committing mass murder. The Prevent strategy, published by the Government is part of the overall counter-terrorism strategy.
This course starts with an overview of the Government’s Prevent strategy, and then looks at some of the reasons people become extremists. It goes on to cover the objectives of the Prevent strategy, how to base your actions on a risk based approach, what to do if you are concerned and much more.
Approved by CPD & IIRSM
Duration: 65 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD & IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- Introduction to the Course: Pass mark 70%
- What is Prevent?: Pass mark 70%
- Prevent Objectives: Pass mark 70%
- Delivering Prevent with a Risk-Based Approach: Pass mark 70%
- What Should You Do If You Are Concerned?: Pass mark 70%
- The Channel Process: Pass mark 70%
- British Values: Pass mark 70%