Positive Handling is a very serious subject. Knowing when and how to act in a difficult situation can be the difference between a positive outcome and a potentially career ending prosecution.
This course will start by looking at some examples and statistics which highlight the seriousness and extent of aggressive pupil behaviour, it will then go on to explain how you can identify the stages of aggression and provide some tips on how you could de-escalate a pupil before they lash out. It also looks at where the law stands on this subject and finally best practice in theory if you ever do need to restrain a pupil.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 100 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- The Course Structure: Pass mark 70%
- A Serious Business: Pass mark 70%
- The Aggression Curve: Pass mark 70%
- The SCARF Model: Pass mark 70%
- Government Advice and Guidance: Pass mark 70%
- Making decisions: Duty of Care: Pass mark 70%
- The Law: Pass mark 70%
- Physical Intervention and Restraint: Pass mark 70%
- Screening, Searching and Confiscation: Pass mark 70%