If you are part of a team responsible for people’s nutrition and hydration, it’s important that you understand the terms that are being used, the nutritional requirements of the service users and the possible consequences of getting it wrong.
This course will start by defining the various terms used when talking about nutrition and hydration in care environments, the basic elements of nutrition and eating a healthy balanced diet, identify the reasons why vulnerable people might suffer with dehydration and the tools you can use to identify people that are at risk of malnutrition and the steps you can take to deal with this condition.
Approved by CPD
Duration: 65 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)
Our CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- The Course Structure: Pass mark 70%
- Defining the Terms: Pass mark 70%
- The Eatwell Plate: Pass mark 70%
- Hydration: Pass mark 70%
- Through-life Nutrition: Pass mark 70%
- Malnutrition and Overnutrition: Pass mark 70%
- The ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’: Pass mark 70%