In the last decade the threats to our society have multiplied and evolved in many ways. Terrorist organisations have transferred their fight from Iraq and Afghanistan to our back garden, Europe – and we have seen the damage that a small number of determined individuals can do.
This course will start by introducing the role of the lockdown officer then discuss some of the likely reasons for a lockdown, go over some of the steps you can take to prepare your school for lockdown as well as what to do in the event of a lockdown taking place.
The course is aimed at teachers, school administrators and support staff. It gives them an overview of what to expect and how to act in a lockdown situation and is intended to inform and prepare staff rather than alarm them.
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our CPD approved courses are owned and delivered by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- Introduction and the Lockdown Officer: 70% pass mark
- Reasons for Lockdowns: 70% pass mark
- The Lockdown Signal and the all Clear Signal: 70% pass mark
- Suitable Rooms for Lockdown: 70% pass mark
- Communication Arrangements: 70% pass mark
- Possible Terminology: 70% pass mark
- Violent Intruder Lockdown: 70% pass mark
- Possible Threat or Danger: 70% pass mark
- Staff Lockdown Responsibilities : 70% pass mark
- Home Office Police Requirements: 70% pass mark
- Simple Measures and Where to Seek Help: 70% pass mark