Risk assessment is a systematic method of looking at work activities, and considering the things that could cause significant harm to people, property or the environment.
The most important purpose of risk assessments is to help prevent accidents and ensure the safety of employees and anyone affected by workplace activities. At the end of this course, candidates will have an understanding of what a risk assessment is and how to complete one.
To achieve this the course will define important terms, provide some basic background information to explain how important risk assessments are and discuss some of the legislation that applies. It will then go on to provide practical advice on how to identify hazards and analyse risk before finishing off by explaining the responsibilities of both employers and employee with regards to risk assessment.
IIRSM & CPD Approved.
Duration: 90 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our IIRSM and CPD approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence
- The Basics: 70% pass mark
- Legislation, Regulation and Civil Law: 70% pass mark
- Strategy - Options and Elements: 70% pass mark
- Identifying Hazards: 70% pass mark
- Who Might Be Harmed and Evaluating the Risks: 70% pass mark
- Evaluating Risk – The Practicalities: 70% pass mark
- Recording and Reviewing: 70% pass mark
- Management and Responsibilities: 70% pass mark