Every day, thousands of people are exposed to situations where they are left alone in work premises, when visiting members of the public during their working day, or working from home. There are many risks associated with working in isolation, without the support of colleagues. These risks can include accidents and violence.
This course acts as an introduction to personal safety for lone workers and applies to those that work alone within business premises, mobile workers and homeworkers. It covers the legal responsibilities of both employers and employees, some of the common security precautions that can be implemented, practical steps you can take to avoid conflict in lone worker situations and other elements that can contribute to lone worker safety
Approved by IIRSM.
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence
- Lone Worker Personal Safety: The Basics: 70% pass mark
- The Law: Responsibilities: 70% pass mark
- Assessing the Risks: 70% pass mark
- Personal Safety Solutions: 70% pass mark
- Practical Tips to Avoid Conflict: 70% pass mark
- Reporting and Recording Incidents: 70% pass mark
- Final Test: 70% pass mark