The Construction Design and Management Regulations cover the management of health, safety and welfare when carrying out construction projects. Whatever your role in the construction industry these regulations are there to improve your health and safety. They are intended to ensure that projects are planned and run effectively and safely right from the start. This awareness course covers the core concepts of the regulations and details the various roles that are required for a construction project along with the key documents that need to be produced. It starts with an introduction to CDM, then covers some of the parameters that need to be checked when a project is being planned. It finishes by detailing a number of example projects that illustrate how the regulations can be applied.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• State the relevant legislation and be able to retrieve further guidance.
• Understand the application of CDM regulations and when notification to authorities is
• Identify the duty holders and their relevant duties in regard to the three stages of a project.
• Remember the importance and relevance of legal documentation.
IIRSM & IOSH Approved.
Duration: 40 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Our IIRSM and IOSH approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
- Legislation: 70% or above pass mark
- CDM Application and Notification: 70% or above pass mark
- Duty Holders and Documents: 70% or above pass mark
- Duties and Legal Documents: 70% or above pass mark
- Example Projects and Summary: 70% or above pass mark
- Final Assessment: 70% or above pass mark